I’m not sure how the “Elf on the “Shelf” tradition began, but now I couldn’t imagine Christmas without it! Our elf joined the family when Olivia was about 18 months old. That Christmas, she was all about apples – she asked Santa for apples, she called the ornaments apples, and she even named our elf Apple. Every year it has become more fun to watch Olivia search for Apple each morning. I love to see the pure joy and excitement on her face when wakes up, and rushes around the house to find him.
I must admit, there were times last year when moving Apple almost slipped my mind. I would find myself just about to drift off to sleep, and then realize, “Oh no! I forgot to move the elf!” I’m sure many of you have found yourself in that same position, so I have come up with a plan to make the Elf on the Shelf a little easier. Here’s a list of 25 ideas for things to do with your family’s elf (one for every day in December leading up to Christmas). The best part is, each of these ideas take less than 5 minutes to set up!
- Apple is here! We are lucky to have mailman Pop deliver Apple to us every year from the North Pole!
2. Taking a ride in a shopping cart
3. Enjoying a tasty treat
4. Hanging out in the tree
5. Reading to the princesses
6. Just hanging around
7. Time to make your list for Santa!
8. Please bake cookies for me! Make sure that you have some free time the following day to bake the cookies if you decide to use this idea!
9. Thanks for the cookies! Olivia was excited that she didn’t have to send all of the cookies back to the North Pole with Apple.
10. Time for your check-up!
11. Here fishy, fishy!
12. Let’s play Candyland! (or any other board game)
13. Someone’s been stealing the Halloween candy!
14. A picture for you!
15. Just 10 more days until Christmas!!
16. Movie Night
17. Where’s Apple?
18. Giddy Up!
19. Fun with Legos
20. Check out the band!
21. The (puzzle) pieces are falling into place!
22. Tea Time
23. All Aboard
24. It’s a wrap!
25. See you next year! On Christmas Eve, Apple waits for Santa under the Christmas tree. Hopefully Olivia won’t be too sad to see him go!